Membership and Website Listing Rules and Format
Guidelines for Member Listings for the Third Order of the Lion of Styria
- Members of Royalty & Nobility are commonly not using any postnominals (certain initials appended to their 'Surname')
Reason: Some belong to more than one Order, so the list of postnominals can become rather long. In most situations, they rather would not, since a long list of postnominal letters could give a silly appearance (and which Order to place first). The exception is clergy who are also nobility.
(Clergy are deacons, priests and bishops.)
Note: Knights & Dames, can and should use their postnomials, to denote their affiliation with the Order.
- The usage of a prefix, unless members of the Clergy, who probably will use:
- His Eminence, The Most Reverend.....
- His Excellency, The Reverend Father
- Technically, anyone who is not a deacon, priest or bishop is not a member of the clergy. Religious (those in religious orders) have a special status even if they are not ordained into holy orders. They are allowed to use the title Brother or Sister.
- All secular members (even from Apostolic Religious Orders) will choose as honorific prefix:
Sir (Dom, Don, Chevalier, Ridder or Ritter) or for Ladies the prefix: Dame with their Rank; and OLS or Dame Grand Cross as postnominal therein. Again, they may request to add the prefix Brother or Sister.
- If provided by the prospective candidates, middle initials or middle names should also be indicated on the web site listing
The Required Format for Website Listings on the OLS Site
Line 1: This is reserved for an "Appointed Leadership Position" within the OLS (optional)
This is a title such as Secular Grandmaster, Deputy Secular Grandmaster, Secular Chancellor, etc.)
Line 2: This is reserved for the rank with the Order, such as:
Line 3: This is reserved for a commission in the Archbishop's Guard for (city, etc.)
Line 4: This is reserved for further information of importance, received from the member or especially membership in another order of The Metropolitan Archdiocese such as the Third Order of St. Mary
Line 5: (or last line) This is reserved for country of residence, such as (USA) or (Canada)
This format must be used each time that there is a member added or updated to the OLS website. A new listing must be submitted in this format with a photo on a separate email "ready to go" to be forwarded to the webmaster.
Upon acceptance by the Metropolitan Archdiocese, the above e-mail #2 including Photo ID, and above complete information and credentials will be directed to the Webmaster for listing on the OLS-web site, as follows:
Sir (or title of choice) + Name in full, OLS, etc. (if applicable) (in bold)
Sir (or title of choices) + Name (+ initials), OLS, etc (if applicable) (in short form)
Line 1: Reserved for an "Appointed Leadership Position" within the OLS. (optional) *]
Line 2: Knight, Third Order of the Lions of Styria
Line 3: Reserved for Commission in the Archbishop's Guard of St. Sebastian for (city, etc.)
Line 4: Reserved for other Titles, Ranks and Functions, provided by the member, **]
Line 5: Reserved for country of residence, such as (USA) or (Canada) etc. (in parentheses) (or last line)
*] Such as: Secular Grandmaster, Deputy Secular Grandmaster, Secular Chancellor, etc.
**] Or especially membership in another order of the Metropolitan Archdiocese such as the Third Order of St. Mary
Dame + Name in full, OLS, etc. (if applicable) (in bold)
Dame + Name (+ initials), OLS, etc (if applicable) (in short form)
Line 1: Dame Grand Cross, Third Order of the Lions of Styria
Line 2: Reserved for other Titles, Ranks and Functions, provided by the member, **]
Line 3: Reserved for country of residence, such as (USA) or (Canada) etc. (in parentheses) (or last line)
The Metropolitan Archdiocese Bulletin 9/12/10 SOC EACS
- Karel Vorster Email - Clearly Brother Karel knew that the SOC was not under Rome and was a separate organization as this email indicates from 2010. We believe that he is upset because he was not ordained. He never completed seminary. He was also trying to get a Roman Catholic deacon to join us!